Wednesday, June 10, 2009

while i was spring cleaning

while clearing my shelf, i found this

#my favourite high school essay:

(ignore the mistakes la eh?)(and boo you if you find it lame. i was form 4/5)( STILL LIKE IT NEVERTHELESS!)

My Haven

Everyone has their own ideal haven, a place to relax and let go. I have thought of mine several times, and everytime I do, my thoughts float back to only one serene thought, that is in a quiet city park during Christmas winter time. 

Here, i can relax on the wooden park bench maybe with a comfortable company. No need for words, just blissful silence. I would close my eyes and enjoy the fresh scent of pine trees running through my nostrils, take a deep breathe and exhale. Just by doing that, I will feel free and rejuvenated, like as if by inhaling and exhaling the fresh oxygen, my worries and life's predicaments diffuse away with the slight winter breeze. 

The soft snow gently falling from the sky will surround me quietly. I would fit on my skating shoes and skate swiftly on the frozen lake, taking my time with the movements of my legs, left forwards, right then left again. Every where around me will be white with fresh snow from the night before. In the snow, there will be few shoe prints as everyone will be back home snuggling up in front of the fireplace. The pine trees in the surrounding sway gently from left to right synchronized as if swaying to a Christmas hymn. The occasional stronger wind will shake the trees but they still stand firm, together in a mini forest group. 

After skating, i would plop myself onto the clean, soft snow and make a snow angel. The snow is so soft that it takes the shape of my clothed body without restrain. I lie there and listen to the faint music of Christmas carols sung by mobile carollers during Christmas time. The music although faint, creats a nice melody in my ears. 

I look up into the somber, cold night sky with occasional birds flying solo across. Although the gloominess stirs a little sadness in me and leaves me morose, the brightly lit park with colourful christmas lightings and ornaments makes me feel all cherry inside again. Then I think to myself that indeed in every cloud, there is a silver lining. 

My round snowmen friends adjacent to the park bench enjoy the beautiful flickering lights hung from one lamp post to another with me. As it gets darker, the faint music fades away and all that is left is the sound of the surrounding winter trees brushing against each other. I love that monotonous tune they make. Although the night does get chilly, I enjoy every moment I have in that place. The cold lightens my head and drifts my thoughts further away from me. No thoughts left, just a warm feelings in my heart I get from Christmas time. 

I stroll around the park near the pine trees. Beneath them, lie dark brown acorns, neatly scattered on the white snow, creating a nice contrast with the pure background. 

Here, I can let free and be who I want to be. The atmosphere ignites a warm fuzzy feeling inside despite the cold present in the air. Peace and Serenity surround me and they rejuvenate and refresh me all over again for another day in life. 

#my never ending collection of
cards (post, birthday, cny, greeting, thank you..), keychains, stamps, clothes brand labels, letterscardsandeverything people give, log books (guides,boysbrigade,autographs,justforfunones,...) 
yes, i do have a whole lot of junk in my room. 
i place a strong importance for things that hold memories. i am quite forgetful :p it'll be the only way i can remember things and + its just nice looking back at old stuff. 

all of them are now packed away nicely and neatly in plastic boxes. for a lot of things, i told myself that i will have no value for it in 20 years time and i should discard of them now... but heck, i'll wait for that 20 years to pass and IF i should think that i wasted storing space, a kick to myself is all it takes. however, IF i should REGRET throwing it away, there will be NO point crying over sour milk. 

so i decided to keep them :) ALL of them :D

--------------------------------

went to college to sell some books today. guess how much i earned? 
sweet sweet RM6
haha!

parched M

No comments:

Post a Comment