I remember getting dads favourite Hokkien mee for him whenever he was feeling a lack of appetite due to the chemo. He loved it.
My heart dropped every time he only had two mouths-full of the food he was yearning for but couldnt bear to eat anymore as the delicious taste he had imagined or remembered it to be settled on his tongue only too bitterly. Must have been terribly disappointing for dad.
"We haven't had hokkien mee in a long time"
I think the last time I had hokkien mee from ah wa was with dad.
Wish he was here having it with me again.
Every time I eat something new or delicious, or if someone makes some special dish for me, I never fail to think to myself, "If dad was here, he'd love to try this" or "If dad ate this, he'll enjoy it as much as I do".
M
No comments:
Post a Comment