Friday, March 8, 2013

numbers and years and... time

My counter says 1996. This site has been visited 1996 times. In 1996, I was 6 years old. A couple of years before that, I remember that I fell whilst running in a park (like all kiddos do) and scraped my knee and unsurprisingly, burst out into tears. Then dad came to the rescue and carried me all the way home. In 1996, dad was still alive. I'm 23 now, it is 2013, and he's not. I will finish 3rd year of medical school in about 2 months, graduate in 2015, and again, dad will not be there.

11 days from today, dad would've been missing from my reality for 1 year, and this goes on forevermore. How odd this feeling is, can't quite explain it but I can say this much, it feels like a loss, like a big piece of a beautiful picture had been ripped out, done really quickly and harshly.

Time had been robbed of me.

Damn you, Cancer, damn you.




No comments:

Post a Comment